What is Estate Planning?
Will writing is not part of the Quilter Financial Planning offering and is offered in our own right. Quilter Financial Planning accept no responsibility for this aspect of our business.
Will Writing, Estate Planning & Tax Planning are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Essentially this is the arranging of your estate so that in the event of your death, any potential Inheritance Tax has been minimised and the distribution of your assets can be carried out efficiently and in-line with your wishes
- Estate planning is about more than just tax planning. It is about making sure the people you leave behind are financially supported and that your assets are protected from events such as divorce and bankruptcy
- In recent years this has been increasingly important due to increased wealth through the sustained rise in house prices
- At present, anyone with an estate of over £325,000 has a potential Inheritance Tax problem
Estate Planning Tools
- Below are some of the most common tools used in Estate Planning: 1. Wills
3. Lifetime Gifts
4. Powers of Appointment
5. Investing in assets that qualify for Business Property Relief
6. Insurance based solutions
How we can help
- We can review your estate to assess if it meets your objectives and if necessary, make changes to minimise any potential tax liability